Sunday, October 28, 2007

Unbelievably romantic!





Today is National Chocolate Day. Did you know? Well, it is. October 28th. I mentioned it to Adrian on the way to church this morning or maybe it was on the way to lunch. We said we should of course celebrate. We went to lunch with our friends Darla and Michael, Stone and Sterling and had a truly wonderful lunch and were stuffed! We didn't get hungry all afternoon or evening. A little after seven, in the middle of a conversation, Adrian announces that I should go get ready, we're going out to celebrate National Chocolate Day! I was flabbergasted. He asked if I'd wear this one dress I have and he was still in his nice Sunday clothes. He asked if I knew where we were going and I really didn't. As I was getting ready I thought of it, the restaurant that he'd taken me to for my birthday that we both agreed we should go back to just for dessert sometime. Sevy's down on Preston Rd. in Highland Park, not close by. He called ahead and had them set aside one of their fabulous creme brulees for us. It's called The Best of Both Worlds and has vanilla creme brulee and Godiva chocolate creme brulee. We also ordered their sorbet trio and goat cheese mashed potatoes (my request) to cut the sweet! :) It was wonderful and so much fun and so crazy to get all dressed up and drive into Dallas for fancy dessert on a Sunday night! Thank you, Adrian!!!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

so fun!!

Deborah said...

Okay, he's a keeper.

jennyc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennyc said...

Wow, A, I'm impressed! And, K, I love your blog! You have such a fun way with words - and I also may learn a thing or two about cooking from the talented two of you! I did not know anything about the ways of chiles!