Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rejoice with me - tables and chairs!

Alright!  It's time to celebrate!  I've decided that the little things in this whole wedding planning process should be celebrated!  The whole thing of keeping it under budget and getting all of the details in order is trickier than I imagined.  


So without further ado, please celebrate with me that the tables and chairs


have been ordered!  

Yep, they are those humble little beauties above and not these:



and certainly not these at $8-$12 A PIECE!!!  Would you ever even have imagined?!  I naively did not!


 Or my absolute preference, mismatched wooden, vintage chairs!

Who knows how you even go about getting those!  It's probably best if you're having a less than 100 person wedding which I'm convinced everyone in all of these magazines doing time intensive things is doing!  

But here is a big deal:  I am only spending $445.25 on my tables and chairs as opposed to the $2,148 I could be spending for just the simpler of the two above chair options!!!

Seriously!  And, the determined side of me is coming out and I am convinced I can have the classiest looking metal folding chairs anyone has ever seen.  :)  I am also thankful for the fact that the tables are exactly what I wanted all along and I didn't have to do any compromising there!  In fact they are the only kind of tables this place with the really good deal on tables and chairs offers!  Hooray for the little blessings!  Thank You, God for caring about the little things too!  

Thanks for letting me celebrate my good chair deal!  I already have some ideas but if you have ideas for sprucing up metal folding chairs (or especially links to pics!) please pass them along!  Kelly

photo credits:  top:  folding chair in my living room

second:  the knot wedding magazine Texas edition

third:  simply creative weddings magazine summer 2005 (thanks Jenny!)

fourth:  Martha Stewart weddings

4 comments:

Jenni said...

wow! that is great that you were able to compromise with your "perfect ideal" to find something that will still be fabulous - because I know you and you are able to take anything and make it great! and you are saving a ton of money!! good job!!!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the chairs. They are so basic and unassuming I think you'll be able to make them work rather nicely! You seem to have lots of ideas and creative juices swirling!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Kelly -- Check out the comments on my tableware post -- I responded to your comment.

Good for you celebrating along the way with your wedding planning. Enjoy it and don't let it bog you down.

P.S. I'd love for you to feature here what tableware you choose!

Lorie said...

I love the mismatched chairs! Thanks for sharing the link!