Monday, May 18, 2009

weekend treasures

My friend Jacquie called Saturday morning and said there was an estate sale across the street from their house. Since I was nearby after meeting with some girls from church, I went over.

I walked up to the door to see a 50% off everything sign!

*That* is fun to see! I enjoy slashing all the prices in my head as I walk through.

$1, nah 50 cents! etc.

I scored these fun treasures for only $1.49 total.

The handkerchief has a B on it but it was so beautifully embroidered and so inexpensive that I got it. I don't intend to keep it for myself.

The black plate was a steal at 12 1/2 cents. :) It will hang on a wall or go into a display.

The rhinestone buckle was attached to a black fabric belt that wasn't all that attractive so I just looked past the belt, bought it quite happily and promptly brought it home and freed it from it's frumpy black entanglement. I'm not quite sure what it's next life will be yet but it's exciting to think of the possibilities.

What would you do with it? Did you go to any yard sales or estate sales this weekend?

Kelly

p.s. Then today (Sunday) my friend Brenda brought a couple of treasures to me from a garage sale where you could take whatever you wanted for 25 cents ~ for all of it! The furniture was $10. Anyway, she brought me a hand mixer and handmade shooter marble with inscription. Really neat.

Then Adrian went with me to an estate sale where I got some other treasures. I would like to post pics of all that but honestly I need to go to bed!

Happy beginning of the week. Kelly

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good finds! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Love the rhinestone buckle, so pretty! Don't you just LOVE it when you get to a sale that posts 50% off? You got some great deals. :)
Toni

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Let's see if I can type now. Great finds, love those 50% off signs too. Thanks for stopping by.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I love seeing what everyone has found in their treasure hunting. I love the linen & the buckle.

Karen said...

Really neat items and really great photography.
MOM

Jacquie said...

Yeah for the good finds!

abc said...

The buckle woukd look great on a fancy headband.