Monday, May 21, 2012

luncheon

First off, I don't know if I'm gonna get around to blogging the rest of our trip.  It may happen but I'm gonna stop feeling pressure to do it before just going on with life.  

Today I felt like blogging this.  


I hosted a little luncheon last week for a couple of special ladies who have taken care of David at MOPS this year.    We had a good time and it was fun to set a girly table.  

Remember those free vintage cabinet doors I picked up last year?  


A year later I *finally* used one of them!  


I like how it turned out.  

Menu: 

cold pasta salad (recipe from an Italian cookbook from a castle I got to visit in college!)

spinach with grapefruit, blue cheese, toasted pecans with soy sauce balsamic vinaigrette (salad idea from Texas Co-op magazine we used to get free with our utilities in TX - I had an affinity for that magazine I must admit - dressing recipe found online and made by Adrian) 

cheddar corn cornbread muffins inspired (but not nearly as good as) the cheddar corn biscuit we had at Crema in Portland.  Oh why oh why did I just torture myself by googling them and looking for a photo of that delicacy just now?!



And for dessert, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies served up on a milk glass platter - a gift from my mother-in-law who knows me oh so well and made into a pedestal by placing it atop an upside down milk glass flowerpot from my collection

Kelly

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This post makes me so happy. I'm sure you know why. Love you, dear frend.

Karen Gibson said...

Love that you honored the people who babysat for your little one at MOPS this year.