Saturday, June 19, 2010

on the day I went into labor . . .

merely hours before actually or I may have already been in labor for all I knew since I didn't feel contractions for the first six hours after my water broke, we went here:

It was great! Adrian got a Mounds snowcone and I got strawberry shortcake based on Dina's recommendation. Yum, yum and triple yum!

And every calorie of that sugar laden treat got used I tell you. I was glad to have that and the yummy pasta dinner my sweet husband made for me to get me through labor since they don't let you eat a thing in the hospital. I was really so close to sneaking a bite of banana when our nurse left the room but then I hit transition and I was no longer thinking about how hungry I was. :)

Anyway, I highly recommend Bedford Snowball if you're in the metroplex. It's worth the drive in my opinion.

3 comments:

Dina said...

So glad you liked it! Maybe I need to get one before labor too!

Karen said...

I really like the sign. And a Mounds Snowcone. I might just have to make a trip back to the Metroplex. Maybe for a few other reasons as well.

Christy said...

Hey Kelly- I found your blog from Ashley's. I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures. You have such a sweet family.