Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Travel Tuesday - Pittsburgh, PA

Welcome to Pittsburgh!


Lots of people think Pittsburgh is dirty.

I think it used to be very industrial and smoggy but it is beautiful now!

This is a photo taken on an overcast fall day last November.

Do you see the reflexion of the bridge in the water?

I love to visit Pittsburgh, especially around Thanksgiving. Although springtime with the tulips blooming is quite magnificent as well.

Besides, where else can you can really great Polish food? (okay, I'm sure there are *some* other places but I don't know where they are.)

We like Pierogies Plus.


These photos were taken last Thanksgiving. We got pierogies, haluski (noodles and cabbage with LOTS of butter!) and sausage. Yum and double yum.

Have you ever been to Pittsburgh?

What do you like to do or eat there?

Kelly

5 comments:

Lori said...

I have been to Pittsburgh. I was born in Sharon. Ummm Daffins chocolates every Easter.

Kirstin said...

Yum! That looks sooo good

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

We did a day trip to Pittsburgh when we lived in Ohio and I thought it was a beautiful city. I'm told that it used to be very industrial and dirty -- apparently the river was so polluted that it caught on fire -- but these days it's very nice. I love the hills!

Anonymous said...

I like to eat at Primanti Brothers. Sandwiches with french fries tucked right inside.

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Never been, but it gets high ratings as far as cities go! Just now saw your request on my blog for your swap! You can certainly borrow all you need to make a great event! Have fun and thanks for stopping by!!