Monday, April 14, 2008

Sweetie's bread recipe and dress shopping

I am happy to give you Sweetie's bread recipe since there were requests. I hope you enjoy it!
I wanted you to get to see Sweetie herself so I'm including this picture of my first foray into dress shopping. She is the beautiful lady seated next to me. The other beautiful ladies are my sister-in-law standing to my right and my mom standing on the other side of Sweetie. We had such fun shopping together. This pic was taken two days after I got engaged when we went dress shopping in Houston. The company was great, the dress shop wasn't my fave.

Yesterday though, my mom and I went to the Bridal Boutique
in downtown Lewisville. It was the most wonderful dress shopping experience.
The room was filled with the froth of beautiful dresses and our helper,
Hannah, was amazing! She helped us so, so very much!

Oh yeah, back to the recipe which is the reason I
sat down here at the computer to write this post.

Sweetie's Bread

1 cup milk
1 heaping Tablespoon sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons shortening, margarine or butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 package yeast in 1/4 cup warm water
Flour - start with 3 cups, adding a little at a time and then add more if needed until the dough is not sticky

Bring milk to a boil. Add sugar, salt and melted butter. Cool. Add yeast mixture and beaten eggs. Add flour. Let rise for about 2 hours or until dough doubles in bulk. Knead dough on floured board. Divide and place in greased pans. Let rise for about an hour. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes! Easy as pie!

Note: When you knead the bread and divide it to put in the pans, you can roll it out and put grated cheese or cinnamon, sugar and butter or any type of filling that strikes your fancy and then roll it up and place it in the pan.

Let me know if you make it! Thanks! Kelly


4 comments:

Jenni said...

so does the store have the dress we talked about last night? if so, send me the number!

Rachel said...

Maybe I will have time to make the bread soon!

Carrie Brown said...

Congratulations Kelly! I just caught up on you blog news and saw the great news!
Carrie Brown

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful... congrats for the most wonderful shopping experience. I have got it at BT Factory Direct for purchase of some apparel.