Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the pom poms!



Oh the pom poms!

They were such, such fun!

this was definitely one of those ideas that evolved during the wedding planning. Having five nephews between us three and under, we quickly decided on no child attendants. They were just too little. So . . . my mom had that great idea to have all of the kids stand in the aisle as we were recessing and throw something at us.

well, as time went on we decided to have everyone throw these pom poms at us during the recessional. I am so glad we did! It was one of my favorite parts.

My sweet mom and my aunt Kim and my Sweetie and Poppy (my grandparents) filled little cellophane bags, topped them with paper in lots of different patterns of paper that went with our colors and just stapled them shut. As simple as that! They could be done way ahead of time rather than trying to bag rose petals at the last minute and we laid a package on every chair.

And this is how it turned out!

greatness!

Thanks to everyone who came to our wedding and threw pom poms at us!

If you were at our wedding, what did you think when you got to your chair and saw a bag of fuzzy pom pom balls? I'd love to hear your thoughts, your perspective, etc. Kelly

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the pom poms was such a cute idea. I had never seen that before. I wish I had been that creative 6 years ago. :) Shanna

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

How. much. fun! What a unique, colorful, and festive idea. I love it!

Deborah said...

I LOVED the pom poms, and I knew exactly what they were for when I saw them laying on my seat.

Sandi said...

Such a fun idea!!

Karen said...

One of the greatest pom pom memory for me was of the little boys throwing the pom poms in the air and laughing with delight. It was also great fun when the ushers used the push brooms to scoop the pom poms to the back of the reception area. Of course they didn't stay there because the kids took such delight in playing with them and throwing them into the air--the pom poms, not the ushers. The reception was so child friendly. I love the story of the little boy with a plate of chocolate in one hand and the cotton candy in the other hand who looked up at his dad and said, "This is the best party I've ever been to."

Meredith said...

I think my favorite part is seeing how cute they look scattered across the dark floor.

You are so creative!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

well thanks for stopping by..I'm curious now when you got married and what a grand idea for the pom poms!

the pix was great!

Anonymous said...

I loved the pom poms! We thought throwing them AT you was such a funny idea, and I must agree that once they were strewn all over the floor they looked terrific! BUT, my favorite thing about the pom poms was the huge amount of entertainment they brought to me by way of Marla's little boy, who sat in front of us during the ceremony with his grandparents. He was crawling all over the floor and "shooting" pom poms under chairs, at my feet, at Patrick and giggling hysterically. We, of course, had to kick them back to him so he'd have more to play with! It was truly adorable. Now, I really DID pay attention to your wedding, but he was a delightful distraction amongst all the festivities--all due to the orange/blue pom poms. :)

jessica lynn said...

omg what a clever little idea!! love it!

have a lovely said...

precious!!! what an adorably unique idea!!!