Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Travel Tuesdays - Chicago (Tribune Tower)


Have I mentioned before that I love Chicago?

It is just a city with endless things to do.

Adrian and I have been there several times together and we get to go back next month. So exciting!

One of the things I like to see on Michigan Ave. is the Tribune Tower. It is on the south end of Michigan close to the river, past most of the shopping so a lot of people probably seldom make it there.

What I like about it is that there are stones embedded in the building from all sorts of famous buildings around the world - the Forbidden City, the Parthenon, the Dome of St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome, etc., etc. It makes me feel like I am getting to travel to all sorts of exotic locations at once. Adrian took this photo of me by the Alamo stone since Texas is my home state (and it was low enough to stand by and photograph).

Have you been to the Tribune Tower? Do you have any other places in Chicago that you like that we should be sure to see when we go?

Kelly


5 comments:

Amy L said...

Oh my gosh, we love Chicago. A few of our favorites:

Just about any tour through the Chicago Architecture Foundation

Frank Lloyd Wright tours in Oak Park

Museum of Science & Industry

Millenium Park

Dinner at Weber Grill

Deep dish pizza at Gino's East or Giordano's

Have fun!

Amy L said...

Oh, and Portillo's for hot dogs. Yum!

Jacquie said...

We love Chicago! We've only been once and would love to go back. We loved the Field Museum, Gino's Pizza, there is a really cool stained glass museum on the Pier. We really wanted to ride the ferris wheel when we were there but it was WAY to cold. Maybe next time!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

The professor and I... we LOVE Chicago! We've been several times and always love going back. Can we go with you and Adrian next month?! It'll be gorgeous there in May!

Lake Michigan never ceases to take my breath away. I love Chicago's architecture, the dining, Marshall Fields, Union Station... I love it all!

Miss G said...

I can't believe there are so many great things in Chicago I haven't done! Thanks for all the ideas!

Jacquie, GREAT to see you last night!

Modgirl, come on!

Ashley, thanks so much! Kelly